We were recently chattering about million dollar custom homes on the North Side that have been built during the last 2 years, even amidst the worst decline in housing prices in Chicago’s history, that presumably were built on spec.
This 6-bedroom new construction mansion at 2038 N. Mohawk in Lincoln Park first came on the market in September of 2010.
(This picture was taken just as they were finishing construction.)
At 6700 square feet and on a standard Chicago lot of 25×125, it has a limestone facade.
The house also has luxury finishes such as rift sawn white oak floors, 8 foot walnut doors and Ann Sacks tile.
The kitchen has white cabinets (white is “in” again!) and stainless steel appliances.
2 bedrooms are on the second floor, 3 are on the third floor and 1 is in the lower level.
There is also a lower level media room.
The garage is heated and attached.
How long will it take to sell this new house?
(Keep in mind that several $4 million+ homes HAVE sold in Lincoln Park already this year, including former news anchor Diane Burns’ house.)
Jennifer Ames at Coldwell Banker has the listing. See the pictures here.
2038 N. Mohawk: 6 bedrooms, 5.5 baths, 6700 square feet, attached garage
- New Construction
- Originally listed in September 2010 for $4.25 million
- Currently still listed at $4.25 million
- Taxes are “new”
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 19×16 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 19×17 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 19×18 (third floor)
- Bedroom #4: 19×16 (third floor)
- Bedroom #5: 10×14 (third floor)
- Bedroom #6: 16×16 (lower level)
- Media room: 19×17 (lower level)