This 2-bedroom recently came on the market in 2400 N. Lakeview across from Lincoln Park which is also better known as one of the “other” Mies Van Der Rohe highrises in Chicago.
Originally a 3 bedroom unit, it has been converted into a 1575 square foot 2-bedroom.
As is common in Mies’ buildings, it has 10 foot floor to ceiling windows to better take in the Northeast corner views of Lincoln Park and the Lake.
The listing says the unit recently received $10,000 in cherrywood floors and another $10,000 in upgrades.
The kitchen has stainless steel appliances.
The bathrooms are both marble and the master bath is large at 11×9.
The unit has central air, in-unit washer/dryer and rental parking is available in the building.
The building, built in 1963, also has an outdoor pool.
The unit is listed $45,000 under the 2006 purchase price.
Is this a deal for the square footage and views?
Anna Pesce at Prudential Rubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #2001: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1575 square feet
- Sold in February 1989 for $260,000
- Sold in May 1990 for $295,000
- Sold in December 1997 for $231,000
- Sold in May 2006 for $525,000
- Currently listed for $480,000
- Assessments of $1050 a month (includes heat, a/c, doorman, cable, pool)
- Taxes of $7091
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Parking is available for rent from $124 to $169 a month
- No dogs
- Bedroom #1: 19×11
- Bedroom #2: 15×11