We’ve chattered about the popular Helmut Jahn designed 600 N. Fairbanks in Streeterville many times over the years.
Late last week, a 1-bedroom unit came on the market as a short sale for $265,000.
It went under contract instantly.
The unit, #1906, last sold in March 2008 for $377,000.
Parking was not included in either transaction.
Another 06 Tier unit, #1306, has been trying to sell for the last 20 months.
That unit is currently listed at $324,900.
It sold in February 2008 for $320,000.
If you recall, this building had upscale finishes including Snaidero kitchen cabinetry, Wolf, Sub-Zero and Meile appliances, and marble or natural stone baths (depending on what you chose).
Is this short sale the beginning of a major re-set in prices for this building- and especially on the 1-bedroom units?
Jennifer Laskov at Prudential Rubloff has the listing for #1906. There are no interior pictures but you can see the listing here.
Unit #1906: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 821 square feet
- Sold in March 2008 for $377,000 (no parking)
- Came on the market listed as a “short sale” on August 31, 2011 at $265,000 (no parking)
- Under Contract instantly
- Assessments of $328 a month
- Taxes of $4666
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom: 16×12
Yvette DuPree at @Properties has the listing for #1306. See the pictures here.
Unit #1306: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, no square footage listed
- Sold in February 2008 for $320,500 (no parking)
- Originally listed in January 2010 for $389,900
- Reduced several times
- Currently listed at $324,900 (no parking)
- Assessments of $310 a month (includes a/c, gas, cable, doorman, pool)
- Taxes of $4153
- Bedroom: 16×13