We last chattered about this 5-bedroom single family home at 4117 N. Western in North Center in April 2011.
See our prior chatter here.
Back then, the house was bank owned and was going to auction with an opening bid of $149,000. It was a cash only transaction.
From the pictures in the prior listing, it appeared that the kitchen and bathrooms were intact. You can see the prior pictures here.
Most of you were scathing about the value of this house since it was actually ON Western.
The house sold at auction and closed in June 2011 for $161,700.
It has since been rehabbed and now has a new kitchen with dark maple cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
Built in 1906 on a standard Chicago lot of 25×125, it now has 2800 square feet, up from 1462 square feet previously.
It also has a finished basement and a new 2-car garage.
The old listing also had 2 bathrooms and the new listing has 3 baths.
Originally listed at $449,000 in early October, it has been reduced to $369,900.
Despite its location on Western Avenue, is this a deal for a single family home in the Coonley school district?
What will this ultimately sell for this time?
Robert Tomich at Capital Real Estate Services has the listing. See the pictures here.
4117 N. Western: 5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2800 square feet
- Sold in November 1998 for $138,000
- Lis pendens filed in September 2006
- Sold in February 2007 for $575,000
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in September 2009
- Bank owned in June 2010
- Originally listed in January 2011 for $342,000
- Reduced in February 2011 to $333,500
- Went to auction on April 16 with the starting bid of $149,000
- Cash only
- Sold at auction in June 2011 for $161,700
- Re-listed in October 2011 for $449,000
- Reduced several times
- Currently listed at $369,900
- Taxes at $8233
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 15×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 13×12 (main floor)
- Bedroom #3: 10×8 (main floor)
- Bedroom #4: 8×9 (main floor)
- Bedroom #5: 14×9 (second floor)
- Family room: 15×14 (basement)