We chattered about this 3-bedroom short sale at 434 W. Oakdale in East Lakeview several times.
See our April 2011 chatter here.
Many of you might remember this unit because the kitchen had pale green cabinets.
But the unit had many of its vintage features intact including a beamed ceiling in the dining room and vintage wood moldings.
The listing agent conceded that the kitchen and one of the baths needed updating.
However, the propertywas still 2300 square feet with central air, washer/dryer in the unit and covered parking in a popular East Lakeview location.
It sold on October 7, 2011 for just $410,000, or $10,000 above the 1996 purchase price.
Did someone get a deal?
Anne Laughlin at @Properties had the listing. You can still see the pictures here.
Unit #2: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2300 square feet, covered parking
- Sold in May 1989 for $275,000
- Sold in May 1991
- Sold in September 1996 for $400,000
- Sold in September 2005 for $675,000
- Originally listed in April 2010 for $699,900
- Was listed in March 2011 as a “short sale” for $525,000
- Was listed in April 2011 for $499,900
- Sold in October 2011 for $410,000
- Assessments of $389 a month
- Taxes of $9794
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 13×13
- Bedroom #2: 15×10
- Bedroom #3: 13×13
- Sun room: 18×10