We’ve been following this 3-bedroom duplex up vintage gem in The Eddystone at 421 W. Melrose in Lakeview since 2008.
In that time, the price has been reduced $1,191,000 to $699,000.
We last chattered about it in August 2010 when it had been reduced to $999,000. See that chatter here.
Back in 2010, Laura chimed in that she didn’t think it would sell for over $700,000, especially with the high assessments.
If you recall, the unit has amazing vintage details from wood paneled walls, plaster ceilings, leaded and stained glass, and original moldings.
There is a limestone fireplace and paneled first floor study.
This is detail work usually found only in the most luxurious of properties.
You can see more details of the craftsmanship in a post from Craigslist here.
Remember, the kitchen was also recently added. It has maple cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
This unit does not have central air and does not have parking (but that is available for lease next door for $200 a month.)
The unit DOES have an in-unit washer/dryer and pets are allowed.
Will this go back to the 1999 price?
This is a condo (not a co-op) so taxes are NOT included in the assessment.
Paul Gorney at Prudential Rubloff now has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #14-15C: 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, no square footage listed (but craigslist ad says 4,000 square feet)
- Sold in February 1999 for $450,000
- Was listed in November 2008 for $1.89 million
- Re-listed in July 2010 for $1.1 million
- Was listed in August 2010 at $999,000
- Currently listed at $699,000
- Taxes of $12201
- Assessments of $2,878 a month (includes heat, electric, gas, doorman, cable)
- No central air- window units only
- Parking is leased next door for $200 a month
- Washer/Dryer now in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 18×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 16×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 16×13 (main floor)
- Library: 15×13 (second floor)
- Laundry room: 5×5 (second floor)