This 3-bedroom cottage at 2225 W. Shakespeare in Bucktown has been on the market since September 2011.
In that time it has been reduced $24,000 to $575,000.
Built in 1891 on a smaller than standard Chicago lot measuring 24×100, it has a new 2-car garage.
Two of the three bedrooms are on the second floor with the third on the main level.
The master suite is large and has skylights.
There is a partially finished basement with storage.
The listing says the kitchen is “new” and has stainless steel appliances.
The house has central air.
Is this house a good townhouse alternative?
Cindy Wilson at Koenig & Strey Real Living has the listing. See the pictures here.
2225 W. Shakespeare: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, no square footage listed, 2 car garage
- Sold in April 1988 for $74,000
- Sold in October 1993 for $205,000
- Originally listed in September 2011 for $599,000
- Currently listed at $575,000
- Taxes of $7093
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 23×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 12×9 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 11×7 (main floor)
- Partially finished basement