This 4-bedroom raised ranch at 717 West 19th Street in Pilsen recently came on the market.
Built in 1880 on a smaller than standard Chicago lot measuring 24×100, it has small bedrooms which were common at that time.
The listing says a den is being used as a pantry.
There is also a second kitchen in the back of the house along with a family room.
There’s a full basement with exterior access which has a full bath.
There’s no central air (window units only) and no parking.
But the house is east of Halsted and is near the galleries and restaurants on Halsted in both Pilsen and University Village.
Could this be a good condo alternative for someone who isn’t afraid of putting in some sweat equity?
Jennifer Liu at Jameson Sotheby’s has the listing. See the pictures here.
717 West 19th Street: 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, no square footage listed
- Currently listed for $139,900
- Taxes of $3393
- No central air- window units
- Full basement with “good” ceiling heights
- Bedroom #1: 12×8 (main level)
- Bedroom #2: 8×7 (main level)
- Bedroom #3: 8×7 (main level)
- Bedroom #4: 10×7 (main level)
- Family room: 16×12 (main level)