We’ve chattered about this 3-bedroom rowhouse at 2408 N. Burling in Lincoln Park in 2011.
See our August 2011 chatter here.
Back in August, we chattered about the rowhouse’s lack of parking and whether or not that was hurting its sale at a price point over $750,000.
It is still on the market and has now been reduced to $714,000.
Someone posting as Burling on Crib Chatter, and claiming to be this rowhouse’s owner, said this about the property on the 960 W. Dickens thread:
“The house has East Coast / European charm and style. I grew up in Annapolis and Georgetown and the house has the feel of a small manor home since all of the vintage details are in tact along with incredible fireplace mantles, chandelier ceiling plates, original handcrafted doors. The original, preserved transoms, all of it is worth a fortune. So many of these comps have been stripped. This house has NEVER been a rental and I personally know and am in contact with all 5 living families before me which cover almost 50 years.
The large flower box enclosed deck off of the guest bedroom does not have stairs down to the garden. It would be to steep. ( It actually used to however,but I have been told it was more of a fire escape).
The parking is NOT an issue because everyone else on the street has parking.”
If you recall, all three bedrooms are on the second floor.
The house also has space pac cooling.
Is this rowhouse now a deal?
Jennifer Ames at Coldwell Banker still has the listing. See the pictures here.
2408 N. Burling: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2334 square feet
- Originally sold in 1986 (couldn’t determine a price)
- Sold in October 2006 for $835,000
- Originally listed in May 2009 for $849,000
- Was listed in July 2009 at $775,000
- Was listed at $749,000 in September 2009 before being withdrawn
- Re-listed in June 2011 at $759,000
- Withdrawn and re-listed in August 2011 still at $759,000
- Currently listed at $714,000
- Taxes now are $12,042 (were $11,370 in August 2011 and $8226 in July 2009)
- No parking- Leased parking nearby
- Space pac cooling
- Bedroom #1: 17×13
- Bedroom #2: 10×11
- Bedroom #3: 11×11
- Living room: 12×13
- Kitchen: 12×12
- Family room: 16×20
- Dining room: 14×13