We’ve chattered about this 6-bedroom single family home at 1418 W. Fulton in the Fulton Market neighborhood of the Near West Side several times over the years, with the last time being in December 2009.
See our December 2009 chatter here.
Back then, some of you thought the neighborhood was too under developed to take a chance on a house like this.
Others thought an artist/musician type might snatch it up.
It was last on the market in June 2010 but it has recently come back on, reduced another $200,000, to try again.
Built on a 21.5×115 lot, the house has 4000 square feet and a 3 car garage.
The interior is contemporary, with a 4-story atrium.
The listing says the “real restaurant kitchen is a must see.” It looks like it boasts stainless steel and stone counter tops.
The house has concrete floors and a huge rooftop deck with a wet bar and hot tub that has downtown views.
Will the reduced price and a “hotter” market finally sell this house?
Edward Hester at Dream Town Realty still has the listing. See the pictures here.
1418 W. Fulton: 6 bedrooms, 3 full, 2 half baths, 3 car garage, 4000 square feet
- Sold in May 1998 for $181,500
- Was listed in October 2008 for $1,099,000
- Was listed in February 2009 for $999,000
- Was listed in December 2009 for $999,900
- Withdrawn in June 2010
- Re-listed for $799,000
- Taxes now $6173 (they were $7,744 in 2009)
- Central Air
- Hot tub
- Rooftop deck with wet bar
- Bedroom #1: 14×15 (third floor)
- Bedroom #2: 10×20 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 11×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #4: 11×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #5: 10×11 (third floor)
- Bedroom #6: 10×11 (third floor)