We’ve chattered about this 4-bedroom duplex down at 1928 W. Diversey in West Lakeview several times over the past 3 years most recently in January 2011.
See our prior chatter here.
Back then, the unit was in a short sale but time was of the “essence” because:
“MOLD IN LOWER LEVEL DUE TO RECENT WATER DAMAGE FROM SHORTED PUMP. NEW PUMP HAS BEEN INSTALLED. REMIDIATION ESTIMATE AVAILABLE. DAMAGE IS VERY RECENT.”
The unit never sold and went back to the bank in April 2012.
It was then sold in August 2012 for just $211,000.
You can see pictures of what the interiors looked like at the August sale here.
After a “full gut rehab” it has come back on the market listed at $399,900.
The cherry floors are no more. Everything is new.
The kitchen now has white cabinets, carrera marble counter tops, Bosch stainless steel appliances and a wine fridge in the island.
There is a spa master bath with body sprays.
Two of the bedrooms are on the main floor and two are on the lower level.
There is also a family room on the lower level.
It has central air, an in-unit washer/dryer and 2 car tandem parking is available for $20,000 extra.
Will this sell quickly since everything is “new”?
Lance Kirshner at @Properties now has the listing. See more pictures here.
OR you can see it in person at the Open House this Saturday November 17 from 11 am to 2 pm.
Unit #1W: 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, duplex down, 2200 square feet
- Sold in September 2006 for $515,000
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in November 2009
- Originally listed in February 2010 for $474,000
- Reduced several times
- Was listed in March 2010 as a short sale for $439,900
- Was listed as a short sale in January 2011 at $324,000
- Burst pipe and mold in January 2011- remediation estimate available
- Bank owned in April 2012
- Sold in August 2012 for $211,000
- Currently listed at $399,900 (plus $20,000 for 2-car tandem parking)
- Assessments now $315 a month- the seller will pay assessments for 12 months
- Taxes now $8164 (were $7697 in January 2011)
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 15×12 (main level)
- Bedroom #2: 15×11 (main level)
- Bedroom #3: 12×11 (lower level)
- Bedroom #4: 14×10 (lower level)