3-Bedroom Irving Park House On A Double Lot Sells For About 33% Under The 2006 Price: 3902 N. Central Park
We chattered about this 3-bedroom vintage house at 3902 N. Central Park in Irving Park several times over the years as it has been on and off the market since 2009.
See our June 2012 chatter here.
In June, after several more price reductions, we chattered about how low the price would go before it finally sold.
Listed at $635,000, Laura guessed it would sell at $575,000.
The rest of you chattered about the nearby public schools.
Laura was right on. It recently sold for $565,000.
If you recall, the house was built in 1914 and is on a double lot measuring 50×124.
2 of the 3 bedrooms were on the second floor with the third in the lower level along with an office and a great room. The bedrooms also had ensuite baths.
The kitchen had cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops.
The house had central air and a 2-car garage.
Did someone get a deal?
Elizabeth Bleeker at Prudential Rubloff had the listing. You can still see pictures here.
3902 N. Central Park: 3 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 3370 square feet, 2 car garage
- Sold in October 1988 for $70,000
- Sold in June 1998 for $222,000
- Sold in December 2006 for $850,000
- Originally listed in September 2009 for $849,900
- Was listed in November 2011 at $650,000
- Was listed in June 2012 at $635,000
- Sold in November 2012 for $565,000
- Taxes of $5040
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 18×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 14×12 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 12×9 (lower level)
- Office: 11×11 (lower level)
- Great room: 18×12 (lower level)