Some of you might remember this 3-bedroom contemporary single family home at 1509 N. Paulina in Wicker Park from the contest the agent was holding called “guess the price.”
Many of you submitted “guesses” via Crib Chatter.
See our November 2011 chatter here.
Listed for $775,000 back in May 2011, which was over the 2009 purchase price, Bob was among the lowest of the original “guessers” as he used the case shiller index to guess that it would sell for $613,400.
It was listed as low as $649,900 in November 2011 before being withdrawn from the market.
The house recently returned to the market and is listed at $675,000.
If you recall, the house has soaring ceilings in the living room and skylights.
2 out of the 3 bedrooms are on the second floor with the master bedroom on the third level.
The master bathroom is slate, with body sprays and a Japanese soaking tub.
The second bathroom is not without its own luxury, as it has a steam shower with 8 body sprays.
The kitchen has Viking, Bosch and SubZero appliances.
Built on a 24×101 lot, there is a 500 square foot deck with a hot tub over the 2 car garage.
With the market now stronger than last year, will this house sell for the higher price or will Bob’s 2011 “guess” of $613,400 be closer to the mark?
Emily Sachs Wong at Koenig & Strey Real Living now has the listing. See the pictures here.
1509 N. Paulina: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, no square footage listed (but last time there was 2435 square feet), 2 car garage
- Sold in November 1988 for $35,000
- Sold in December 1998 for $320,000
- Sold in September 2005 for $849,000
- Originally listed in June 2008 for $899,000
- Sold in July 2009 for $695,000
- Originally listed in May 2011 for $774,900
- Reduced several times
- Was listed in May 2011 for $674,900
- Was listed in November 2011 for $649,900
- Re-listed for $675,000
- Taxes of $9404
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 18×14 (third floor)
- Bedroom #2: 12×12 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 11×10 (second floor)