We usually don’t chatter about properties already under contract but since Gary said all we talk about are the depressed properties I thought I’d showcase one that went under contract in just a few months in a popular neighborhood.
This 3-bedroom brick cottage at 1025 N. Paulina in the East Village neighborhood of West Town was built back on the 25×130 lot so it has an unusual big front yard.
However, it still has room for a rooftop deck and a 2-car garage.
It has cherry floors on the main floor.
The kitchen has white cabinets and appliances.
One bedroom is on the third floor with the other two on the second floor.
There’s a family room on the second floor but no basement.
Originally listed in September 2012 for $635,000, it was reduced $10,000 before it went under contract after just a few months on the market.
Are move-in ready single family homes in the East Village a no-brainer to sell quickly?
Scott Zelkin at @Properties has the listing. You can still see the interior pictures here.
1025 N. Paulina: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, no square footage listed, 2 car garage
- Sold in October 1995 for $80,000
- Sold in April 1997 for $257,000
- Sold in September 2003 for $572,500
- Sold in May 2006 for $662,000
- Originally listed in September 2012 for $635,000
- Currently listed at $625,000
- Under contract
- Taxes of $8837
- Central Air
- No basement
- Bedroom #1: 15×16 (third floor)
- Bedroom #2: 14×10 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 14×8 (second floor)
- Family room: 17×15 (second floor)