I’ve been watching this vintage 2-bedroom at 433 W. Aldine in East Lakeview for months. It went on the market originally in June 2011.
It’s now a short sale.
At 1350 square feet, it has a dining room and french doors.
The kitchen has cherry cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
The unit has in-unit washer/dryer but no central air. It DOES have an attached garage, which is somewhat rare for the neighborhood.
But it sat and sat.
Recently listed for $299,899, it was just reduced to $275,000 and went under contract almost immediately.
Why has this property been sitting on the market for months?
Was it because it was a short sale or did it need a drama price reduction to get noticed?
Joseph Marella at Keller Williams Realty Partners has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #14: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1350 square feet
- Sold in December 1999 for $290,000 (per Zillow)
- Sold in November 2001 for $331,000 (per Zillow)
- Sold in March 2007 for $357,000 (per Zillow)
- Originally listed in June 2011 (couldn’t find a list price)
- Was listed in May 2012 for $329,000
- Reduced numerous times
- Was listed at $299,899
- Was listed as a short sale at $275,000
- Under contract
- Assessments of $442 a month
- Taxes of $4190
- No central air- window units only
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Attached garage (see the picture)
- Bedroom #1: 16×11
- Bedroom #2: 14×11