We’ve chattered about this 2-bedroom coach house at 337 W. Armitage in East Lincoln Park several times over the past 20 months.
See our April 2012 chatter here.
Most recently listed in June 2011 for $500,000, most of you thought it was overpriced and would end up selling around $400,000.
It was ultimately reduced to $430,000 in 2012 but it still didn’t sell and was withdrawn from the market in June 2012.
But just 8 months later and the whole market is different.
Re-listed at the same price of $430,000 the coach house went under contract within 10 days.
If you recall, it does not have the vintage feel of most coach houses. Instead, it has contemporary styling.
The kitchen has modern cabinets, a stainless steel island and luxury appliances by SubZero, Miele and Bosch.
One of the 2 bedrooms is on the second floor with the other in the lower level.
Built on a 22×35 lot, there is a patio and central air but no parking.
It’s also a fee simple coach house with a 4-unit homeowners association.
Will this sell for around $400,000 as some of you originally guessed years ago?
Robert John Anderson at Baird & Warner now has the listing. See the pictures here.
337 W. Armitage: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1400 square feet
- Sold in August 1990 for $193,000
- Sold in October 2002 for $145,000
- Sold in June 2004 for $440,000
- Originally listed in 2007/2008- never sold
- Re-listed in June 2011 for $500,000
- Was listed in November 2011 for $500,000
- Was listed in April 2012 at $430,000
- Withdrawn in June 2012
- Re-listed in February 2013 for $430,000
- Under contract in 10 days
- Assessments of $145 a month
- Taxes now $2800 (they were $2164 in 2012)
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- No parking
- Bedroom #1: 17×17 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 18×11 (lower level)
- Living/dining combo: 17×9 (main level)
- Kitchen: 17×8 (main level)