Ever wonder what the penthouses are like in the grand pre-war buildings of Chicago?
This 3-bedroom duplex penthouse in The Barry at 3100 N. Sheridan in East Lakeview recently came on the market.
It has a private entry off the elevator and 2 private terraces.
All 3 bedrooms are on the second level.
Vintage features include crown moldings, an Italian marble fireplace mantle, and arches.
The listing says it has a “newer” galley kitchen with maple cabinets and granite counter tops. It also has a 13×3 pantry.
It has features buyers look for like central air and washer/dryer in the unit. The listing says parking is “available.”
This penthouse appears to have last sold in 1986 so this is a rare opportunity to own this kind of space in this building.
Priced at $725,000, is this priced to sell given its uniqueness?
Paul Solitro at Dream Town has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #14D: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2500 square feet, duplex up
- Last sold in 1986 (no price given)
- Currently listed for $725,000
- Assessments of $1877 a month (includes heat, gas, doorman, cable)
- Taxes of $9579
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Parking is “available”
- Bedroom #1: 17×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 13×10 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 18×10 (second floor)
- Family room: 16×10 (main floor)