We’ve chattered about this 3-bedroom house next to the El tracks at 3408 N. Bosworth in Southport several times.
See our March 2013 chatter here.
But with the market “hot” a lot of properties that haven’t sold in the last few years are taking their chances again.
You’ll recall that it came on the market higher than a previous list in 2010 at $599,000.
It has since reduced to $575,000.
If you recall, the house has most of the features buyers look for including central air and a 2 car garage.
Built in 1877 on a 25×125 lot, it has some of its original features including stained glass but also has been updated, including a new chef’s kitchen with Viking and Jennair appliances, white cabinets and granite counter tops.
2 of the 3 bedrooms are on the second floor and the property has an unfinished basement.
The house only has 1 bathroom however.
I’m suddenly seeing a few more properties sit on the market than just a month or two ago. It’s just anecdotal and in the GZ.
Is the desperation by buyers being exaggerated?
Deborah Nick at Conlon still has the listing. See the pictures here.
3408 N. Bosworth: 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, no square footage listed, 2 car garage
- Sold in February 1996 for $132,000
- Sold in February 1997 for $170,000
- Sold in June 2002 for $428,000
- Sold in July 2005 for $569,000
- Originally listed in April 2010 for $749,000
- Was listed in October 2010 for as low as $589,000
- Originally listed in March 2013 for $599,000
- Currently listed at $575,000
- Taxes now $10,747 (they were $8523 in October 2010)
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 15×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 14×10 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 11×8 (main floor)
- Living room: 23×12
- Dining room: 12×12
- Kitchen: 16×9
- Mudroom: 9×6
- Unfinished basement