We’ve chattered about this 3-bedroom single family home at 3408 N. Bosworth in Southport several times over the years.
Check out our last chatter in May 2013 here.
Yes- it sits right next to the Brown Line tracks.
It’s now been on the market for over 3 months without a sale.
However, there’s now a new option. Instead of buying it, interested parties can rent it.
If you recall, the house has most of the features buyers look for including central air and a 2 car garage.
Built in 1877 on a 25×125 lot, it has some of its original features including stained glass but also has been updated, including a new chef’s kitchen with Viking and Jennair appliances, white cabinets and granite counter tops.
2 of the 3 bedrooms are on the second floor and the property has an unfinished basement.
The house only has 1 bathroom however.
In 2010, the house rented for $2275 a month.
This time, it has listed for $2950 a month. You can see the rental listing here.
What is hotter, the for sale market or the rental market?
Deborah Nick at Conlon still has the listing. See the pictures here.
3408 N. Bosworth: 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, no square footage listed, 2 car garage
- Sold in February 1996 for $132,000
- Sold in February 1997 for $170,000
- Sold in June 2002 for $428,000
- Sold in July 2005 for $569,000
- Originally listed in April 2010 for $749,000
- Was listed in October 2010 for as low as $589,000
- Originally listed in March 2013 for $599,000
- Currently listed at $575,000
- Taxes now $10,747 (they were $8523 in October 2010)
- Rented in December 2010 for $2275 a month (originally listed at $2500 a month)
- Now also currently available to rent for $2950 a month
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 15×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 14×10 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 11×8 (main floor)
- Living room: 23×12
- Dining room: 12×12
- Kitchen: 16×9
- Mudroom: 9×6
- Unfinished basement