We chattered about this Fannie Mae-owned 3-bedroom townhouse at 642 N. Armour in West Town several times last year.
See our November 2012 chatter here.
Back then, it was listed for $309,000 but most of you thought, given its condition and the neighborhood, that it would sell in the low $200,000s.
Most of you thought it was too much work to sell for anything more as it needed to be gutted.
It finally sold in February 2013 for $250,000.
And sure enough, it has been completely renovated and is back on the market just 4 months later.
The listing says it has new plumbing, decks and HVAC.
The kitchen is new and has granite counter tops and a Bosch appliance package.
All the baths are new.
You can see what it looked like before in this YouTube video (warning- music!).
Two bedrooms are on the second floor and the third is on the top floor.
There are several decks and a lower level den.
The townhouse has returned to the market at $399,950.
Will it sell for the premium now that it’s “new”?
Nick Patterson at Kale Realty has the listing. See the pictures here.
642 W. Armour: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, no square footage listed, one attached garage
- Sold in May 1996 for $198,000
- Sold in September 2003 for $365,000
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in June 2011
- Fannie Mae Homepath property
- Was listed in August 2012 for $374,900
- Reduced several times
- Was listed in November 2012 at $309,900
- Sold in February 2013 for $250,000
- Currently listed at $399,950
- Taxes of $4488
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 17×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 14×12 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 14×10 (third floor)
- Den: 14×13 (lower level)