We last chattered about this 5-bedroom south facing penthouse at 1515 N. Wells in January 2013.
See our prior chatter here.
Back then, it was listed at $1.995 million. Most of you thought your money could go further in other properties in Old Town, especially a single family home.
Others thought, for a condo, a buyer could also do better for that money in other neighborhoods in a high rise.
It was reduced to $1.85 million in March 2013 before selling in June 2013 for $1.69 million.
If you recall, at 3600 square feet, it had hardwood floors throughout along with an unusual “staff quarters” with a full bathroom and a separate entrance.
The kitchen had stainless steel appliances, with two ovens, and granite counter tops.
It also had custom finishes such as Tre Piu doors, Bisazza & Sicis tile, Marvin triple pane windows and custom drapery rods.
The unit had a rarely available 3 heated parking spaces in the building.
Is the luxury segment the hottest part of the market right now?
Charles Heaver at Prudential Rubloff had the listing. You can still see the pictures here.
Unit #6E: 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 3600 square feet, 3 car parking
- I couldn’t find a prior sales price in the public records but Zillow says it sold in October 2007 for $2,597,500 (?).
- Originally listed in November 2012 for $1.995 million
- Was still listed in January 2013 at $1.995 million
- Reduced in March 2013 to $1.85 million
- Sold in June 2013 for $1.69 million
- Assessments of $1151 a month
- Taxes of $17,714
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 13×18
- Bedroom #2: 10×14
- Bedroom #3: 10×14
- Bedroom #4: 11×14
- Bedroom #5: 15×10