This 3-bedroom duplex down at 1051 W. Montana in Lincoln Park recently came on the market.
If the building looks familiar, that is because we chattered about the “sister” unit to this one across the hall at 1049 W. Montana in October 2011.
Back then, it had been on the market for 5 months and had reduced to $399,000.
It had central air, in-unit washer/dryer, and parking. 2 of the 3 bedrooms were in the lower level.
It finally sold in April 2012 for just $385,000.
Now we have the companion unit to test this much hotter market.
It has the same layout with 2 of the 3 bedrooms in the lower level.
The kitchen has white cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
It has central air and washer/dryer in the unit but the listing doesn’t say anything about parking. The other unit that sold last year had a parking spot.
Originally listed for $425,000 in May, it has been reduced to $409,000.
That’s below both the 2008 and 2006 purchase price.
Will this unit ultimately sell for under what 1049 W. Montana #1 sold for last year?
Mary Ellen Shannon at Coldwell Banker has the unit. See the pictures here.
Unit #1: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, no square footage listed, duplex down
- Sold in September 1995 for $231,000
- Sold in March 2002 for $343,000
- Sold in August 2006 for $419,000
- Sold in April 2008 for $435,000
- Originally listed in May 2013 for $425,000
- Currently listed at $409,000
- Assessments of $270 a month
- Taxes of $6011
- Central Air
- Washer/dryer in the unit
- No parking
- Bedroom #1: 15×10 (lower level)
- Bedroom #2: 13×10 (lower level)
- Bedroom #3: 10×8 (main floor)