We’ve chattered about this 1-bedroom at 40 E. Delaware in the Gold Coast before.
See our May 2011 chatter here.
Back then, the unit was listed as a short sale and had carpeting and what looked to be original finishes in the kitchen and bath.
It eventually went back to the bank which then sold it in November 2012.
The unit has come back on the market with hardwood floors, a new kitchen with dark wood cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances, and a new vanity in the bathroom.
The unit has wall air conditioning and in-unit washer/dryer. There’s no parking but it’s available in the neighborhood to rent.
It has the same views as 2011, which look into the newly built Elysian.
Back in 2011 we chattered about this being a unit to buy for a child attending Loyola which has a law campus nearby.
But the unit could have been bought in the $100,000-$200,000 range back then.
Does it still make sense at this higher price of $219,000?
Gregory Eldridge at Streeterville Properties has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #404: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, no square footage listed
- Sold in January 1997 for $105,000
- Sold in February 2001 for $168,000
- Sold in September 2001 for $185,000
- Sold in December 2003 for $170,000
- Sold in March 2005 for $194,500
- Originally listed in July 2010 for $239,000
- Reduced numerous times
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in February 2011
- Was listed in March 2011 for $169,900
- Was listed in May 2011 as a “short sale” for $129,900
- Bank owned
- Listed in August 2012 for $181,900
- Sold in November 2012 for $127,000
- Originally listed in May 2013 for $225,000
- Now listed for $219,000
- Assessments now $525 a month (they were $481 a month in May 2011) (includes doorman, cable)
- Listing offers to pay assessments for the first 6 months.
- Taxes now $2704 (they were $2639 in May 2011)
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Rental parking nearby
- Bedroom #1: 11×13
- Living room: 19×17
- Kitchen: 10×7