We last chattered about this 3-bedroom coach house in the Gaslight Village at 809 W. Oakdale in April 2013.
See our previous chatter here.
In April there was a lot of talk about the taxes being nearly $15,000 for a property in an attached building that is part of a condo association.
The coach house is still available and has been reduced another $70,000
As for the taxes, the listing now says: “Tax appeal won & reflects on 2nd installment. 8.5% reduction.”
If you recall, the previous listing for Coach House West said it “hasn’t been available for 40 years.”
It has a 2 story unique round living room.
It also has 2 fireplaces, skylights and a rooftop deck.
The coach house has other features buyers look for including central air, washer/dryer in the unit and a 2 car attached garage.
But the monthly assessment is $1450 a month (3 years ago Coach House East’s assessment was $1440 a month). This includes heat, gas and cable.
The current listing says “investors welcome to purchase and rent out the unit.”
Is this really a property that would appeal to a landlord?
What price will it take to finally sell this property?
Bill Doebel at Coldwell Banker now has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #CHW: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, was 2000 square feet in April 2013 and now the listing says 2500 square feet, 2 car garage parking
- Last sold 40 years ago
- Originally listed in February 2013 for $599,000
- Was listed in April 2013 for $499,000
- Currently listed for $429,000
- Assessments of $1450 a month (includes gas, heat, cable)
- Taxes now $15563 (they were $14860 in April 2013)
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Rooftop deck
- Bedroom #1: 17×17 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 12×12 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 12×12 (main floor)
- Family room: 12×10 (main floor)