This 2-bedroom in the Renaissance at 5510 N. Sheridan in Edgewater came on the market in April 2013.
The Renaissance was built in 1927 and has 32 units.
This unit is on the 16th floor and has lake and city views.
At 1875 square feet, it has the expansive feel of the pre-war vintage units along with arched hallways and doors, barrel vaulted ceilings in the foyer, custom millwork and crown molding.
It has built-in bookcases along with 2 fireplaces.
This unit has a living room/dining combo and then a separate family room off the kitchen, which makes me think that family room was probably, at one time, the dining room as they had no concept of a living/dining “combo” back in 1927.
The kitchen has white cabinets, granite counter tops and Subzero, Wolf and Miele appliances.
It also has a very special 1947 O’Keefe & Merritt refurbished stove.
The unit has space pak cooling and 1 parking spot which appears to be leased. It doesn’t have in-unit washer/dryer, however.
Listed at $499,000, is this a deal for the square footage and views?
Marikay Belsanti at Koenig & Strey Real Living has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #16B: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1875 square feet
- Sold in July 1999 for $179,000
- Sold in October 2001 for $355,000
- Sold in July 2004 for $455,000
- Originally listed in April 2013 for $499,000
- Currently still listed for $499,000
- Assessments of $934 a month (includes heat, gas)
- The other properties on the market talk about a special assessment in their listings.
- Taxes of $486 (?)- listing says it’s a condo but maybe it’s a co-op
- Space pak cooling
- No washer/dryer in the unit
- 1-car parking which appears to be leased in the building
- 2 fireplaces
- Bedroom #1: 16×11
- Bedroom #2: 11×9
- Family room: 16×13