We last chattered about this 6-bedroom Queen Anne at 3500 N. Janssen in Southport in May 2013, when the housing market was on fire.
See our May 2013 chatter here.
But not every property participated in the buying frenzy as this house is still available this fall.
Last time we chattered about it, most of you loved it and wished you could buy it (with the exception of a few of you who had to compare it to homes on the North Shore- which is apples to oranges.)
If you recall, it is located in a popular sub-section of Southport, near the Southport brown line stop and all the shops and restaurants.
However, it’s not in the coveted Blaine school district but is in Hamilton instead.
The listing says it has a “reconfigured” floor plan with a new kitchen, with white cabinets and upscale stainless appliances, new electrical, new plumbing and new HVAC.
Built in 1901, the 6400 square foot house is on an oversized 42×123 corner lot.
Four of the bedrooms are on the second floor, with one on the main floor and one on the lower level.
There’s also luxury extras like a wine cellar.
It has been reduced $51,000 since last May.
Why isn’t this house selling?
Jennifer Ames at Coldwell Banker still has the listing. See the pictures here.
3500 N. Janssen: 6 bedrooms, 4 baths, 6400 square feet, 2 car garage
- Sold in October 1996 for $550,000
- Sold in April 1998 for $890,000
- Sold in August 2003 for $1.925 million
- Originally listed in May 2012 for $2.95 million
- Withdrawn in November 2012
- Re-listed in February 2013 for $2.75 million
- Was still listed in May 2013 at $2.75 million
- Currently listed for $2.699 million
- Taxes of $17,130
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 17×15 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 14×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 14×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #4: 12×11 (main floor)
- Bedroom #5: 11×8 (second floor)
- Bedroom #6: 12×17 (lower level)
- Media room: 16×25 (lower level)