This 1-bedroom at 21 W. Chestnut in the Gold Coast just came on the market.
It has extensive built-ins in both the living room/kitchen and the bedroom which creates a ton of extra storage space.
This unit has been completely remodeled.
It has 6-inch hand-scrapped white oak floors.
There is Lagamorph custom white cabinetry.
The kitchen has luxury appliances such as Miele and Viking.
There’s also Ann Sacks tile and marble.
The unit has central air, in-unit washer/dryer and parking is available for $35,000 extra.
Built-ins are used extensively in New York City condos.
Why don’t more people install them in Chicago condos?
Deborah Hess at Conlon has the listing. See the pictures here.
Or see it in person at the open house this Sunday, Oct 20, between 12- 2 PM.
Unit #1704: 1 bedroom, 1.5 baths, 878 square feet
- Sold in September 1999 for $216,000
- Sold in November 2000 for $305,000
- Sold in August 2001 for $285,000
- Sold in August 2006 for $415,000 (included the parking)
- Currently listed for $375,000 (parking is $35,000 extra)
- Assessments of $584 a month (includes heat, a/c, doorman, cable)
- Taxes of $4691
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom: 17×12
- Foyer: 6×5