Luxury Loft Week: Multi-Level Brick and Timber With a Rooftop Deck in Streeterville: 540 N. Lake Shore Drive
This 2-bedroom loft at 540 N. Lake Shore Drive in Streeterville has been on and off the market since 2009.
At 2520 square feet, it has the features loft buyers love including nearly every wall done in exposed brick and tall timber ceilings.
The loft has a loft of its own on the second floor which also leads to the private rooftop deck, although it doesn’t appear there are lake views from it.
The kitchen has maple cabinets, stainless steel appliances and stone counters.
The loft has central air but no in-unit washer/dryer.
There’s also no deeded parking with the unit but there is rental in the building.
This loft was listed as high as $1.09 million in 2009.
When it came back on the market this August, it was listed at $839,000.
It has since reduced $40,000 to $799,000.
Is this loft now priced to sell?
Amy Settich at Coldwell Banker has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #718-719: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2520 square feet
- Sold in July 1998 for $175,000 (this looks like it could be a combined unit of some sort so I’m not sure if the PIN includes just one of the units or not)
- Sold in August 2000 for $230,000
- Was listed in 2009 for $1,099,900
- Withdrawn in 2010
- Re-listed in August 2013 for $839,000
- Currently listed at $799,000
- Assessments of $1176 a month
- Taxes of $7978
- Central Air
- No washer/dryer in the unit
- Rental parking for $205-$245 a month
- Bedroom #1: 16×22
- Bedroom #2: 21×22