This 2-bedroom vintage cottage at 3041 N. Honore in North Center just came on the market.
If it looks familiar, it’s because we last chattered about it in 2010.
See our August 2010 chatter here.
When it sold that August, there was an interesting discussion in the comments about the overall market conditions and FHA loans.
Built in 1898 on a 15×118 lot, it has a fully enclosed backyard but no garage or parking as the house abuts the Metra tracks in the back.
The kitchen has white cabinets and white appliances with a tile backsplash.
The second floor has 2 bedrooms and a full bath with skylights.
The house has central air and a basement, but it’s unfinished.
The 2010 seller saw 22.5% appreciation on the 2003 purchase price despite the Great Recession.
This seller has listed it 17.8% above the 2010 price, at $444,000.
Is the market hot enough to support the price hike?
Nunzio Castellano at Coldwell Banker has the listing. See the pictures here.
3041 N. Honore: 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, 1092 square feet
- Sold in February 1997 for $102,500
- Sold in June 2003 for $310,000
- Was listed in June 2010 for $379,900
- Sold in August 2010 for $377,000
- Currently listed for $444,000
- Taxes now $6227 (they were $4446 in August 2010)
- Central Air
- No parking
- Bedroom #1: 11×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 10×13 (second floor)