This 3-bedroom townhouse at 1843 S. Prairie in the South Loop came on the market in April 2016.
This development was part of the “Homes of the Commonwealth” built in 2005 to replicate the feel of the old historic Prairie street which was filled with mansions of the elite.
Some of you may remember this townhouse from our 2010 discussion when it was a short sale. See that chatter here.
The listing says it has a gourmet kitchen with granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and a large island.
There’s one bedroom on the second floor with two on the third floor.
There’s a big media room on the 4th floor and a lower level family room.
The townhouse has two decks and a 2-car attached garage.
It’s across the street from the cute Woman’s Made Park.
At 4655 square feet, this is among the larger townhouses in the South Loop.
This development sold for a premium in 2005 when it was new.
Will it still get it 11 years later?
Nadine Ferrata at Coldwell Banker has the listing again. See the pictures here.
1843 S. Prairie: 3 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2 half baths, 4655 square feet, 2 car attached garage
- Sold in August 2005 for $1,403,500
- Was listed as a “short sale” in October 2010 for $1.395 million
- Sold in November 2010 for $1.15 million
- Originally listed in April 2016 for $1.725 million
- Still listed at $1.725 million
- Assessments of $295 a month (they were $225 a month in 2010)- includes lawn care, scavenger, snow removal
- Taxes of $19,157 (they were $19,117 in 2010)
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 14×19 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 12×17 (third floor)
- Bedroom #3: 13×14 (third floor)
- Family room: 15×25 (lower level)
- Media room: 15×22 (fourth floor)
- Terrace: 15×19