This top floor 1-bedroom loft at 1122 W. Newport in the Southport neighborhood of Lakeview just came on the market.
This is a 23 unit industrial building just a few blocks west of Wrigley Field.
It is an authentic loft with exposed brick walls, 14 foot timber ceilings and big industrial windows.
This is a corner unit, so there are two walls of windows and the bedroom also has windows, which isn’t common in many 1-bedroom lofts.
There are hardwood floors in the living room and carpet in the bedroom.
The kitchen has white cabinets and counter tops along with stainless steel appliances.
This loft has the features buyers look for including central air, washer/dryer in the unit and outdoor parking is included.
With mortgage rates still low, is this a good starter condo for someone tired of renting?
Ben Bodelson at Dream Town Realty has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #3A: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, no square footage listed
- Sold in September 1992 for $128,000
- Sold in December 1995 for $137,000
- Sold in May 2000 for $217,500
- Sold in September 2013 for $230,000
- Currently listed for $269,000 (outdoor parking included)
- Assessments of $188 a month (includes scavenger and lawn care)
- Taxes of $3258
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- The listing says “No pets allowed”
- Bedroom: 13×13
- Living room: 17×19
- Kitchen: 13×7