This 1-bedroom in the Elysee at 111 E. Chestnut in the Gold Coast came on the market in November 2016.
On the 50th floor with west city views, it has solid oak floors and crown molding.
The listing says the unit has custom doors and Hunter Douglas window treatments.
The kitchen has cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances, and granite counter tops along with a granite backsplash.
It has a washer/dryer in the unit, wall air conditioning units and parking is available in the building for $40,000 extra.
This building was built in 1972 and has 444 units.
I’ve been told that this building is expected to go non-smoking as of January. That means no smoking in the common areas or in your unit.
Is this is big selling point in the condo market, especially with Millennial buyers?
Will we see a bunch of other buildings following suit?
Harold Gerber at forsalebyowner.com has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #50G: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1000 square feet
- Sold in February 1998 for $189,500
- Sold in August 2000 for $234,000
- Currently listed for $394,600
- Assessments of $607 a month (includes doorman, cable, Internet, exercise room, outdoor pool, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger and snow removal)
- Taxes of $4671
- No central air- wall units
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Parking available for $40,000 in the building
- Bedroom: 17×16