This 2-bedroom corner unit in Chicago Place at 100 E. Huron in River North came on the market in August 2016.
Built in 1991, this building was the among the first of the “new” buildings that went up downtown in a wave of condo construction in the early 1990s.
It has 205 units.
While it’s address, and front door, is on Huron, the building also fronts Michigan Avenue and has the Chicago Place Mall at its base.
It is a full service building with an indoor pool, exercise room, grills and deck along with leased valet parking.
This unit has south and west views from its bay windows.
The kitchen has white cabinets, granite counter tops and white and stainless steel appliances.
There are hardwood floors throughout.
It has the other features buyers look for including central air and washer/dryer in the unit.
This unit has reduced $37,900 to $592,000.
Is this a deal for a 2-bedroom in this location?
Margaret Baczkowski at Jameson Sotheby’s has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #1906: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1365 square feet
- Sold in December 1993 for $299,000
- Sold in January 1998 for $396,500
- Sold in February 2002 for $580,000
- Originally listed in August 2016 for $629,900
- Currently listed for $592,000
- Assessments of $902 a month (includes heat, a/c, doorman, cable, internet, scavenger, exterior maintenance, snow removal, exercise room, indoor pool, sauna,)
- Taxes of $7724
- Central air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Parking is leased and valet – not sure how much a month as the listing doesn’t say
- Bedroom #1: 15×12
- Bedroom #2: 14×12