This studio in The Churchill at 1255 N. State Parkway in the Gold Coast just came on the market.
The Churchill was built in 1926 and has 66 units.
This studio has southern exposure with high ceilings and moldings.
It has oak floors throughout, including the 8×8 dining room.
The kitchen has white cabinets, counter tops and appliances.
There’s no central air, just window a/c. There’s also no in-unit washer/dryer although some units in this building do have it in the unit.
There’s no parking with the building but there’s a rental lot across the street.
In the agent notes on Redfin, one agent wrote:
“Elevator modernization complete and completing roof deck project – major special assessment.”
If you have a budget under $200,000 but want a Gold Coast location, is this a good option?
Collin Wasiak at Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #4G: studio, no square footage listed
- Sold in April 1997 for $55,000
- Sold in August 1998 for $85,000
- Sold in September 2002 for $140,000
- Sold in July 2005 for $165,000
- Sold in July 2008 for $182,000
- Currently listed for $169,000
- Assessments of $735 a month (includes heat, electric, gas, cable, doorman, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger, snow removal)
- Taxes of $2817
- No central air- window units only
- No in-unit washer/dryer
- No parking. Rental parking available across the street.
- Living room: 21×13
- Dining room: 8×8
- Kitchen: 8×7