This 4-bedroom duplex down a greystone at 3816 N. Fremont in Lakeview just came on the market.
Built in 1901, it has 4 units.
Some of you may remember it from the housing bust years of 2008 and 2009 as we chattered about it several times.
It took 14 months to finally sell in 2009 and it sold for less than the 2007 purchase price.
We got into a spirited discussion of how much the seller “lost” and some actually compared it to owning bank stocks. Those were the days.
See our chatter here.
This greystone was renovated in 2007.
The listing says it has a “gourmet” kitchen with cherry cabinets, granite counter tops and luxury appliances including Wolf, Bosch and Subzero.
Two of the 4 bedrooms are on the main level, including the master suite, with two other bedrooms in the lower level.
This unit was a 3-bedroom when we last chattered about it but it looks like one of the rooms in the lower level is now being called a bedroom even though it appears, from the floor plan, not to have a closet.
There’s a lower level family room and two gas fireplaces.
It has central air, washer/dryer in the unit and garage parking.
There’s also a private roof deck on top of the garage.
This unit has sold twice more since our 2009 chatter. Both of those were still under the 2007 sales price.
It is now priced at $799,000. If it gets it, it will be the highest sale in 10 years.
Redfin calls this a “hot home.”
Are new record highs on tap this year for most of the GreenZone?
Ron Knoll at @Properties has the listing. See the pictures and floor plan here.
Unit #1: 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, duplex down, no square footage listed
- Sold in June 2007 for $717,500
- Originally listed in February 2008 for $775,000
- Reduced several times
- Was listed in July 2008 for $738,900 (parking included)
- Was listed in January 2009 at $729,000 (parking included)
- Sold in April 2009 for $700,000 (parking included)
- Sold in June 2012 for $629,000
- Sold in March 2014 for $635,000
- Currently listed for $799,000 (parking included)
- Assessments are now $250 a month (they were $154 a month in 2009) – includes exterior maintenance, scavenger and snow removal
- Taxes are now $11,636
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- 2 gas fireplaces
- Private deck on the garage: 20×16
- Bedroom #1: 14×14 (main level)
- Bedroom #2: 10×10 (main level)
- Bedroom #3: 16×12 (lower level)
- Bedroom #4: 14×9 (lower level)