This 4-bedroom townhouse at 1000 N. State in the Gold Coast came on the market in June 2016.
It’s located at the prime corner of Oak and State but you might not have ever noticed this group of 15 townhouses because it’s built on top of the parking garage, several stories above the street.
Given that they were constructed in 1973, when this neighborhood was more dicey, building up off the street probably was seen as a selling point.
The complex has a center courtyard with a pool and basketball court (but no picture of this in the listing.) Is this included in this complex or the high rise building next door?
This is a large property, with 3800 square feet.
At 3 stories, it has a unique 40-foot center atrium with a massive skylight (see the pictures).
It also faces south, with the Ogden School directly across the street.
The master suite has a dressing room and a marble bath.
The kitchen, which is on the main level along with the living and dining rooms, has white cabinets and white counter tops along with Subzero and other stainless steel appliances.
The townhouse also has another unique feature, a 26×12 “attic.”
While the townhouse has central air, it has leased parking in the rental garage starting at $285 a month.
Originally listed in June 2016 for $1.475 million, it has been reduced $176,000 to $1.299 million.
Is this a deal to get 4-bedrooms and this much square footage at this price in this neighborhood?
Nick Kluding at Baird & Warner has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #10: 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 3800 square feet, 3 stories
- Sold in August 1984 for $488,000 (per Zillow)
- Originally listed in June 2016 for $1.475 million
- Currently listed at $1.299 million
- Assessments of $1667 a month (includes cable, pool, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger and snow removal)
- Taxes of $17,068
- Central Air
- Rental parking in the building from $285 to $300
- Bedroom #1: 18×12 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 22×14 (third floor)
- Bedroom #3: 14×11 (third floor)
- Bedroom #4: 14×11 (third floor)
- Den: 13×8 (second floor)