This 3-bedroom duplex up in The Portals at 443 W. Grant in East Lincoln Park just came on the market.
This complex was built in 1971 and has 50 duplex up units in 4 story buildings. One unit is on the first and second floor with an outdoor terrace and a second unit is on the third and fourth level.
There’s outdoor parking.
We’ve chattered about various units in this complex over the years and especially during the bust, when you could buy an un-renovated unit for under $360,000.
See our 2011 chatter on one of those sales here.
This first floor unit has been renovated.
The listing says there are new windows, floors, doors and a new trex decking on the large deck off the living room.
The kitchen is open to the dining room and has dark cabinets, quartz counter tops, stainless steel Bosch dishwasher and GE profile appliances.
There are new bathrooms.
The duplex has central air, electric heat and a washer/dryer in the first floor powder room.
There is outdoor parking just outside of the deck.
These used to be among the more affordable 3-bedroom units in East Lincoln Park.
Are those days long gone?
India Tougne at @Properties has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #A: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 1670 square feet, duplex up
- Sold in April 1988 for $175,000
- Sold in September 1996 for $215,000
- Sold in April 1998 for $272,500
- Sold in October 2001 for $390,000
- Sold in June 2004 for $412,000
- Sold in December 2012 for $425,000
- Currently listed for $559,000 (includes outdoor parking)
- Assessments of $411 a month (includes cable, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger and snow removal)
- Taxes of $7379
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Wood burning fireplace
- Bedroom #1: 18×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 13×10 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 12×10 (second floor)