This 2-bedroom duplex loft in the Green Street Lofts at 400 S. Green in the West Loop just came on the market.
It’s a top floor penthouse with 20 foot high timber ceilings.
It also has exposed brick walls and large industrial windows.
The listing says it is a “newly remodeled kitchen” with a double oven, stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops, including on the kitchen island.
The bathrooms have also been remodeled and are now “spa quality.”
There’s a separate laundry room with a sink.
One bedroom is on the main level with the second bedroom and an office are on the second floor.
It looks like there are skylights.
This property also has roof rights but no one has bothered to build a roof deck up there yet.
It has central air and deeded garage parking is available for $35,000 extra.
This unit last sold in 2014. You can see those pictures here if you have a Redfin account.
A little over 2 years later, it’s come back on the market for 65% more (without the parking).
Is the sky the limit for a 2-bedroom loft in this hot neighborhood?
Edward Skae at @Properties has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #507: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1500 square feet
- Sold in May 1992 for $150,000 (included the parking)
- Sold in December 2004 for $345,000 (included the parking)
- Sold in January 2007 for $426,000 (included the parking)
- Sold in October 2014 for $363,000 (included the parking)
- Currently listed for $599,000 (parking is $35,000 extra)
- Assessments of $384 a month (includes cable, exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger and snow removal)
- Taxes of $6170
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 14×12 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 15×10 (main floor)
- Laundry room: 8×6 (main floor)
- Office: 14×6 (second floor)