This 4-bedroom vintage brick Victorian single family home at 1354 W. Webster just came on the market.
If it seems familiar, that’s because we chattered about it a couple of times the last time it was on the market which was in 2010.
We had an interesting chatter about the prior ownership and how 9 out of 10 mortgages on the house over the years were ARMs, the size of the bedrooms, what was located nearby, how kids need grass when growing up and much more.
See that chatter here.
If you recall, the house had the urban oasis backyard back in 2010 as well.
It has a built-in irrigation system and has been featured on the Sheffield Garden Walk in the past.
The house was built in 1900 on a slightly smaller than normal Chicago lot of 24×118.
It has 10 foot ceilings.
Three of the bedrooms are on the second floor, along with 2 bathrooms, including a “newly refreshed” master bath. The fourth bedroom is on the main level along with a small den/office.
There are skylights.
The basement is partially finished with part of it used for storage and the other part as a recreation area.
The kitchen has white cabinets, soapstone counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
There’s a separate dining room.
The house has the other features buyers look for including central air and a 2-car garage.
The listing says it’s in the Oscar Mayer school district.
At $975,000, that would put it in the price range of many new construction duplex down units in Lincoln Park and Lakeview.
Is this single family home a better deal?
Jeff Lowe at Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
1354 W. Webster: 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, no square footage listed, 2 car garage
- Sold in August 1996 for $355,000
- Sold in June 1998 for $385,000
- Sold in May 2000 for $592,000
- Public records indicate it sold in 2003 but I can’t find a price
- Listed in April 2009 for $849,900
- Was listed in October 2009 at $799,000
- Sold in April 2010 for $740,000
- Currently listed at $975,000
- Taxes are now $14,273 (they were $9769 in 2010)
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 15×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 11×10 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 15×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #4: 11×11 (main floor)
- Living room: 17×11
- Dining room: 11×10
- Office: 11×7 (main level)
- Kitchen: 19×11
- Family Room: 18×12 (lower level)
- Storage Room: 36×18 (lower level)