The gentrification of Pilsen continues to move further west, away from the Pilsen Arts District that surrounds 18th and Halsted.
The Chantico Lofts at 1061 W. 16th Street was a recent conversion of an old industrial brick and timber building into lofts. With 42 units, its price points were a bit ambitious for a project in Pilsen that borders the Metra train tracks and is further west.
The building is gorgeous and the lofts sport tons of brick. There aren’t many “authentic” loft conversions left in the city.
The developer is still trying to sell a handful of the units, mainly the most expensive 3 bedroom, 2 bath units on the top floor. These three units are selling from $367,900 to $407,000.
The building only closed late in 2006 and early in 2007, but there are some owners who are already selling. I’ve also seen several rentals in the building.
Unit #301: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 650 square feet
- Sold in December 2006 for $201,205
- Currently listed for $229,000 with one covered parking included
- Baird and Warner has the listing
Unit #111: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1474 square feet
- Sold in December 2006 for $313,893
- Currently listed for $329,900 (with parking extra?)
- Century 21 S. G. R. has the listing