We last chattered about this 4-bedroom vintage brownstone at 3847 N. Janssen in Southport in February 2010 (although some of you disputed whether it was, in fact, a brownstone).
See our prior chatter and exterior picture here.
After nearly a year on the market, it finally sold for $300,000 under the 2006 purchase price.
In our February chatter, some of you thought it would sell in the $800,000 range (after first being listed for nearly $1.35 million in 2009) but some also thought closer to the low $900,000s.
It seemed some of you guessed right as it closed for $925,000.
The house, built in 1907, had been renovated in 2005.
The bathrooms were stone and the kitchen had upgraded stainless steel appliances and cabinets.
The house, in the coveted Blaine school district, also had a 2-car garage and central air.
Jennifer South at Dream Town Realty had the listing.
3847 N. Janssen: 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 2 car garage
- Sold in July 1997 for $300,000
- Sold in September 2004 for $600,000
- Sold in June 2006 for $1.225 million
- Originally listed in May 2009 for $1,349,900
- Reduced several times
- Was listed in February 2010 for $1,099,000
- Sold in April 2010 for $925,000
- Taxes of $13,282
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 15×13
- Bedroom #2: 11×11
- Bedroom #3: 20×12
- Bedroom #4: 12×8 – lower level