This 3-bedroom in 1426 N. Orleans in Old Town came on the market in June 2015.
The building was constructed in 2001 and has just 18 units and a parking garage.
This penthouse unit has 10.5 foot ceilings.
The master suite has custom California Closets.
The kitchen has wood cabinets, stainless steel appliance and granite counter tops.
The listing says the third bedroom is currently being used as an office.
In addition to the east facing balcony that overlooks the Brown line El tracks, there is a private rooftop deck that has views of the entire downtown Chicago skyline.
Since June, this unit has been reduced $40,000 to $849,000.
Is this a deal for a 3-bedroom in the hot Old Town market?
Louise Study at Baird & Warner has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #602: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2256 square feet
- Sold in July 2002 for $721,500
- Originally listed in June 2015 for $889,000
- Currently listed at $849,000 (includes 2 deeded garage spaces)
- Assessments of $640 a month (includes water, exercise room, exterior maintenance, scavenger, and snow removal)
- Taxes of $8607
- Central Air
- Side-by-side washer/dryer in the unit
- Private rooftop deck: 720 square feet
- Bedroom #1: 21×19
- Bedroom #2: 12×12
- Bedroom #3: 21×11