This 4-bedroom duplex down at 1122 W. Diversey in Lakeview just came on the market but if it looks familiar that’s because we chattered about it last September.
If you recall, this duplex down was purchased in July 2014 and put on the market just 13 months later, “renovated” and listed for 42% more than the 2014 purchase price.
Back in September, most of you thought this was overpriced. See our September 2015 chatter here.
The unit was withdrawn from the market at the end of September.
But it has now come back on the market and has reduced its price.
It’s still listed as a 4-bedroom, but in the description of the property it is called a 3-bedroom with a “recently renovated home office.”
If you recall, it has newly dark stained hardwood floors on the main level.
The kitchen still has white cabinets, whereas they were maple cabinets in 2014, with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
The office was a wet bar before the renovation and still has the sink in the corner of the room.
It has all the other features that buyers look for including central air, washer/dryer in the unit and 1 garage parking space.
In the 2015 chatter, the split face block construction of this building was brought up. The listing now says: “Exterior was professionally landscaped & Bldg waterproofed in 2015.”
With the $59,100 price reduction to $689,900, is this unit now priced to sell?
Jennifer Mills at Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff still has the listing. See the pictures here.
You can also see the 2014 listing pictures here to see what was renovated.
If you want to see it in person, there’s an Open House this Saturday, Jan 16 at 12 PM.
Unit #1E: 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, no square feet listed this time but it was 2400 square feet in 2015
- Sold in August 2000 for $409,000
- Sold in June 2005 for $505,000
- Sold in July 2014 for $527,500
- Originally listed in August 2015 for $749,000
- Was still listed in September 2015 for $749,000
- Withdrawn in September 2015
- Re-listed in January 2016 for $689,900
- Assessments are now $280 a month (they were $180 a month in September 2015) (includes water, scavenger, exterior maintenance)
- Taxes now $6478 (they were $6339 in September 2015)
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Garage parking included
- Bedroom #1: 14×12 (main floor)
- Bedroom #2: 12×10 (main floor)
- Bedroom #3: 15×11 (lower level)
- Bedroom #4 or home office: 10×10 (lower level)