This 5-bedroom Italianate mansion in the Wicker Park Historic District at 1356 N. Hoyne in Wicker Park came on the market in March 2016.
Built in 1888, the 6,000 square foot house is on an oversized lot of 44×150 and has a 3-car garage.
4 of the 5 bedrooms are on the second floor, including the master bedroom.
It has a lower level family room which is at grade level because of the stairs leading up to the front door. The lower level, in addition to a family room, has a mud room, a full bar and a guest room with bath.
There’s also a third floor recreation room which leads to a rooftop deck.
The kitchen has custom cabinets with Subzero, Viking and Bosch appliances.
The house has been updated with all of the current amenities including central air, an outdoor irrigation system, and skylights.
Originally listed for $2.7 million in March, it has been reduced $200,000 to $2.5 million.
It’s amazing how the Wicker Park neighborhood has been transformed in the last 20 years.
This house sold in 1997 for just $240,000.
Who’s the buyer for this type of home in this neighborhood?
Beth Gomez at Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
1356 N. Hoyne: 5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, 6000 square feet
- Sold in July 1997 for $240,000
- Sold in June 2004 for $675,000
- Sold in September 2007 for $2.234 million
- Originally listed in March 2016 for $2.7 million
- Currently listed at $2.5 million
- Taxes of $18,088
- Central Air
- Gas fireplace
- Rooftop deck
- 3-car garage
- Bedroom #1: 23×19 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 14×12 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 14×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #4: 13×11 (second floor)
- Bedroom #5: 12×12 (third floor)
- Recreation room: 29×16 (third floor)
- Family room: 22×21 (lower level)