This 2-bedroom duplex down loft at 1122 W. Newport in Lakeview came on the market in September 2014.
It has the loft features that buyers like such as 14 foot timber ceilings and exposed brick.
The kitchen was updated by the prior owner and has modern cabinets and stainless steel appliances.
The master bedroom is in the lower level, which has a large master bedroom suite.
There is central air, washer/dryer in the unit and heated garage parking (a big sell during the winter months.)
Originally listed for $424,995 in September, it has been reduced $34,995 to $390,000.
At 1910 square feet, that is just $204 a square foot.
This unit is within a short stroll of Wrigley Field and Southport as well as the Red Line stop at Addison.
What will it take to sell this loft in 2014?
Brenton Goldman at Baird & Warner has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #1B: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1910 square feet, duplex down
- Sold in September 1989 for $346,000 (could be a typo as the mortgage was much lower- maybe $246,000?)
- Sold in December 1999 for $253,000
- Sold in April 2012 for $337,500
- Originally listed in September 2012 for $424,995
- Reduced several times
- Currently listed at $390,000
- Assessments of $325 a month (includes snow removal)
- Taxes of $6180
- Bedroom #1: 16×20 (lower level)
- Bedroom #2: 17×10 (main floor)