This 3-bedroom at 3740 N. Lake Shore Drive in Lakeview has been on and off the market since October 2009.
Built in 1924, this “pre-war” unit actually has a lot of the amenities buyers look for today but can’t always find in vintage buildings.
It has in-unit washer/dryer and there is a garage in the building (not sure if it is rental or deeded.) However, it doesn’t have central air (only window units.)
At over 2000 square feet, it has an entry foyer, a separate dining room and office. The listing says the third bedroom has been made into a breakfast room but can be changed back into a bedroom but at just 7×10 it was likely the original maid’s room.
The unit has a “chef’s kitchen” with stainless steel appliances.
It has been reduced $176,000 to $299,000 since 2009.
Is this a deal for the square footage?
Brad Lippitz at Prudential Rubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #3B: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2000+ square feet
- Sold in April 2005 for $376,000 (per Redfin- as the ccrd website was down again)
- Originally listed in October 2009 for $475,000
- Reduced several times
- Currently listed at $299,000
- Assessments of $1161 a month (includes heat, doorman, cable)
- Taxes of $6120
- No central air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Garage in the building- but not sure if parking is deeded, and extra, or rental
- Bedroom #1: 18×15
- Bedroom #2: 17×15
- Bedroom #3: 7×10
- Office: 8×8