We’ve chattered about this vintage 2-bedroom at 1024 W. Armitage in Lincoln Park several times over the past year.
The last time we chattered about it, in December 2011, it had been re-listed as a bank owned unit for not much more than the 1998 price at $389,000.
See our prior chatter here.
But it must have been a hot property at that price because the property closed for $52,000 over the original list price, or $441,000.
In our original chatter, anonny thought this would sell between $425k and $445k- and it turns out he was right on the money even with the bank originally listing it at $389k.
If you recall, the building was built in 1890.
The unit had 19 windows, including those in the turret.
The kitchen had white cabinets, black appliances and some kind of stone counters.
It had all the amenities that buyers look for including central air, washer/dryer in the unit and garage parking.
Did someone still get a deal, even with paying well over the list price?
Linda O’Donnell at Re/Max Signature had the listing.
You can see the original photos of the interior here. The bank actually painted the unit before re-listing it.
Unit #2: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, den, 1760 square feet
- Sold in June 1998 for $377,500
- Sold in November 1999 for $368,000
- Sold in April 2003 for $467,000
- Lis pendens filed in February 2009
- Originally listed in September 2010 for $599,000
- Reduced in March 2011 to $549,900
- Appears to be bank owned as of July 2011
- Was still listed in September 2011 at $549,900
- Withdrawn in late September
- Re-listed from the bank in December 2011 for $389,000 (included the parking)
- Sold in February 2012 for $441,000
- Assessments of $266 a month
- Taxes of $8481
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 13×14
- Bedroom #2: 15×13
- Office: 8×8