This 3-bedroom penthouse loft in The Sexton at 360 W. Illinois in River North has been on the market since May 2011.
It previously sold just 2 years before, in August 2009.
We chattered about this unit in September 2011 as the listing price was $225,000 higher than the 2009 purchase price with, apparently, no renovations done to the unit.
See our prior chatter here.
Back in September, all of you thought this was overpriced (even Clio).
Some of you were even surprised that Jennifer Ames had agreed to take the listing.
As predicted by all of you, the loft is still on the market (but has a new agent) and has now been reduced $66,000 (as the prior list price included one parking space and the current one doesn’t include any parking.)
If you recall, the loft is one of the bigger units in the building.
It has exposed brick and high timber ceilings with two outdoor spaces, including a 54 foot long deck.
All 3 bedrooms have windows and there is also a separate family room.
The kitchen has cherry cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
The loft has central air, washer/dryer in the unit and 2 parking spaces are available (for $35,000 each).
The loft is still priced $159,000 over the 2009 price.
What price will this loft eventually command?
Is the sale price being influenced by the new rental high rise that is being built across the street? (even if this unit doesn’t look directly on that building?)
Jennifer Mills at Koenig & Strey Real Living now has the listing. See the latest Youtube video here. (warning- music!)
You can also check out the Youtube video of the 2009 listing here if you want to compare. (also music)
Unit #601: 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2500 square feet
- Sold in December 1999 for $536,000
- Sold in October 2004 for $725,000
- Sold in August 2009 for $725,000
- Originally listed in May 2011 for $950,000
- Was still in September 2011 for $950,000
- 1 car parking included in the September 2011 listing plus second available for $35,000
- Currently listed for $849,000 (but now parking is extra for both spaces at $35,000 each) = $884,000 when compared to the prior listing
- Assessments now $1203 a month (they were $1097 a month in the prior listing) (includes doorman)
- Taxes of $12,804
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 19×18
- Bedroom #2: 13×13
- Bedroom #3: 10×15
- Family room: 16×13