This 2-bedroom at 708 W. Barry in Lakeview just came on the market.
If it looks familiar, then you’ve been reading this blog a long time as we actually chattered about it (and a second unit in the building) in 2008.
You can see our March 2008 chatter here.
And the July 2008 chatter here.
Both times we debated the height of the ceilings as this building has five stories which, apparently, isn’t common in this part of Lakeview.
The last time the second floor unit was listed, it was priced at $489,900.
This unit didn’t actually sell in 2008. A lis pendens foreclosure was filed in 2009 and the bank took it back in 2010.
It sold in 2011 for just $290,000 from the bank.
The building was constructed in 2005 with 8 units and has an elevator.
The units have the finishes from that era. The kitchen has cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops.
This is a picture from the 2008 listing but the kitchen looks the same except it now has a backsplash.
This property has central air, washer/dryer in the unit and rare 2-car parking.
It’s back on the market, this time for $420,000.
Will it sell again in the $400,000s like it did in 2005?
Jeanine Sekera at Coldwell Banker has the listing. See the pictures here.
- Sold in November 2005 for $454,500
- Was listed in March 2008 for $489,900 (including 2 parking spaces that were NOT tandem)
- Never sold
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in August 2009
- Bank owned in August 2010
- Sold in June 2011 for $290,000
- Currently listed for $420,000 (includes 2 parking spaces)
- Assessments are now $297 a month (they were $149 a month in 2008) (includes exterior maintenance, lawn care, scavenger and snow removal)
- Taxes of $4289
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 13×10
- Bedroom #2: 10×8