Normally I don’t cover properties that are under contract already, but this vintage 4-bedroom unit at 10 E. Schiller in the Gold Coast is intriguing.
We actually chattered about it the last time it was on the market in September 2008 in a post called “Lake Forest in the city”.
See that chatter and pictures here.
At 3470 square feet, this duplex up is larger than many single family homes.
We’ve chattered about other units in this building before but this one is on the top two floors and has a unique private 19×13 roof deck along with skylights.
Three of the four bedrooms are on the main floor with the fourth on the second floor along with the family room.
The kitchen has white cabinets, appliances and counter tops except on the island where it appears to be butcher block. There’s also a big skylight in the kitchen.
The unit has some of its vintage features, including big crown molding, French doors and a wood burning fireplace.
There is space pac cooling, washer/dryer in the unit and it has rare (for the Gold Coast) attached deeded parking.
Originally listed in May, and then reduced $100,000 to $1.599 million in June, it went under contract soon thereafter.
Was this one of the better deals in the Gold Coast for square footage and amenities?
Nancy Joyce at Koenig & Strey Real Living has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #3E: 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, 3470 square feet, duplex up
- Sold in June 1993 for $705,000
- Sold in December 2008 for $1.5 million
- Originally listed in May 2013 for $1.699 million
- Currently listed for $1.599 million
- Under Contract
- Assessments of $1805 a month – they were $1567 a month in September 2008 (includes cable, parking, snow removal)
- Taxes of $21368 (but the listing says they were successfully protested in 2012 to $15438)
- Bedroom #1: 17×14 (main level)
- Bedroom #2: 16×13 (main level)
- Bedroom #3: 17×12 (main level)
- Bedroom #4: 17×13 (second level)
- Family room: 27×17 (second level)