This 1-bedroom penthouse unit at 340 W. Superior in River North recently came on the market.
But we’ve chattered about it twice before. The last time was in June 2015 when it had been reduced. See our chatter here.
If you recall, it is a “true” penthouse with a 31×12 private terrace that looks west with “sunset and city views.”
One of the old listings said the apartment was “conceived by renowned designer William Eubanks” and has 10 foot ceilings with crown molding.
The kitchen has light cabinets (white?) with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
The bathrooms are marble.
It has the other features buyers look for including central air, washer/dryer in the unit and garage parking.
In September 2014, it was listed for $475,000 plus $35,000 for the parking.
A year later, it has come on the market reduced by $80,000 at $400,000 plus $30,000 for the parking.
Why isn’t this selling?
Nancy Thomas at Berkshire Hathaway KoenigRubloff still has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #PH5: 1 bedroom, 1.5 baths, 1016 square feet
- Sold in October 2002 for $357,500
- Was listed in September 2014 for $475,000 plus $35,000 for the parking
- Re-listed in April 2014 for $445,000 plus $30,000 for the parking
- Re-listed in September 2015 for $400,000 plus $30,000 for the parking
- Assessments are the same- $861 a month (includes heat, a/c, gas, doorman, cable, water, exterior maintenance, snow removal, scavenger)
- Taxes are now $8327 (they were $8151)
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom: 13×11