This 2-bedroom coach house at 2616 N. Orchard in Lincoln Park has been on and off the market since July 2007.
We’ve actually chattered about it twice, with the first time all the way back in April 2010. See that amusing chatter here (something about the microwave being in the sink.)
Since then, the coach house was taken back by the bank and came back on the market in April 2014 being sold “as-is.”
The listing says it needs “TLC.”
The coach house has hardwood floors and 2 fireplaces.
The refrigerator is missing in the kitchen but the cabinets and other appliances are intact (and no sign of the microwave this time.)
The living/dining area is on the first floor with the bedrooms on the second floor. There’s also a small loft area on the third floor.
It’s a rare coach house that also has a 1-car garage.
It even has central air.
This coach house originally came back on the market in April 2014 for $449,900. It has now been reduced all the way down to $374,900 but yet it is still sitting there for sale.
That is $73,100 under the 1999 sales price.
Is this a deal for the location and square footage?
Matthew Putnick at Jameson Sotheby’s has the listing. See the pictures here. (Sorry, I’ve never had a picture of this property since it sits behind the main building.)
Unit #4: 2 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 1800 square feet, 1 car garage
- Sold in September 1989 for $576,000 (?)
- Sold in October 1999 for $448,000
- Originally listed in July 2007 for $719,000
- Lis pendens filed in May 2010
- Bank owned in February 2014
- Originally listed in April 2014 for $449,900
- Reduced several times
- Currently listed for $374,900
- Assessments of $188 a month (includes water, snow removal)
- Taxes of $8203
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 15×13 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 13×10 (second floor)
- Living room: 16×14 (main floor)
- Loft: 12×9 (third floor)