This 3-bedroom duplex up in the Urban Sandbox at 1615 N. Wolcott in Bucktown came on the market in September 2016.
The Urban Sandbox is an 8-unit mid-rise modern building originally marketed in 2007.
The architect was Miller Hull and in 2009 it won the Builder’s Choice Urban Infill Grand Award and Project of the Year.
See the architect’s website here.
It has an elevator and a heated garage.
This unit has 20 foot ceilings and floor to ceiling glass windows.
Two of the three bedrooms are on the main level along with the living room and kitchen.
The master bedroom is on the second floor with a family room.
The kitchen has Arclinea cabinets with Miele and Subzero appliances.
For those who love outdoor space, the unit has a 33×24 terrace with cedar decking, water and gas. The listing says it is also wired for sound.
It has central air, washer/dryer in the unit and it looks like up to 3 parking spaces can be purchased.
Originally listed for $1 million in September, this unit has been reduced $150,000 to $850,000.
This property is located in a prime Bucktown area, near the shops and restaurants of Bucktown and Wicker Park as well as the Damen blue line stop.
With its prime location and 3-bedrooms, which is the preferred size for many buyers, why isn’t this selling?
Jason Finn at Baird & Warner has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #203: 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, duplex up, no square footage listed
- Sold in April 2009 for $872,165 (according to Zillow because the county site was down again)
- Originally listed in September 2016 for $1 million
- Currently listed for $850,000 (parking appears to be extra)
- Assessments of $468 a month (includes exterior maintenance and scavenger)
- Taxes of $9297
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Bedroom #1: 15×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 9×10 (main level)
- Bedroom #3: 10×12 (main level)
- Media room: 9×6 (second floor)
- Family room: 33×24 (second floor)
- Terrace: 33×24