This 3-bedroom in the New York Private Residences at 3660 N. Lake Shore Drive in Lakeview came on the market in April 2016.
The New York was built in 1987. It has 49 floors, which makes it one of the tallest buildings north of North Avenue.
It is a full amenity building with 580 units and includes a parking garage.
I always thought most of the units were either 1 or 2 bedrooms but this 3-bedroom has 2460 square feet.
It appears to be a combined unit.
It has 4 balconies with views north, south and east, including of the Lake and downtown Chicago.
The unit has maple hardwood floors and the kitchen has luxury appliances by Subzero, Miele and Gaggenau.
There’s a master bedroom with a big spa tub and 2 walk-in closets.
The second bedroom is en suite.
2 garage parking spots are included. It also has central air and in-unit washer/dryer (which is rare for the building.)
Originally listed at nearly $1 million, it has been reduced to $948,500.
If you’re looking for a lot of space and views, is this a good alternative, for the money, to living right in the middle of downtown?
Stephanie Derderian at Berkshire Hathaway Koenig Rubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #4301-2: 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2460 square feet
- #4301 sold in 2000 for $352,000. I don’t have an original sales price on #4302
- Sold in August 2014 for $890,000 (included the 2-parking spaces)
- Originally listed in April 2016 for $996,500
- Currently listed for $948,500 (includes 2 parking spaces)
- Assessments of $1550 a month (includes a/c, parking, doorman, cable, exterior maintenance, Internet, lawn care, scavenger, snow removal)
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- Built-in bar
- Bedroom #1: 22×13
- Bedroom #2: 14×12
- Bedroom #3: 16×12