We last chattered about this 3-bedroom townhouse at 1619 S. Indiana in the South Loop in December 2011.
See our prior chatter here.
It is a short sale and has been under contract several times.
If you recall, it is a fee simple townhouse with an attached 1-car garage.
All 3 bedrooms are on the third floor.
The kitchen has granite counter tops and black appliances.
A lis pendens foreclosure was filed on this property 28-months ago.
I asked in December if it just made sense for an interested buyer to wait for the bank to own it- but since it is 28 months and ticking and the bank STILL doesn’t own it- waiting it out may not be the right strategy.
Now listed just under the 2000 purchase price, is this a deal?
Peter Perisin at D’Aprile Properties still has the listing. See the pictures here.
1619 S. Indiana: 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2000 square feet, 1 car garage
- Sold in January1997 for $271,500
- Sold in February 2000 for $400,000
- Sold in June 2006 for $550,000
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in February 2010
- Originally listed in February 2011 for $489,900
- Was under contract in July 2011
- Fell out of contract
- Was listed in December 2011 as a “short sale” for $424,900
- Reduced in December 2011 to $399,008
- Went under contract
- Re-listed as a short sale for $399,008
- Assessments of $302 a month
- Taxes now $7226 (were $6925 in 2011)
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 14×13 (third floor)
- Bedroom #2: 14×10 (third floor)
- Bedroom #3: 10×10 (third floor)
- Family room: 17×22 (second floor)