Unlike most other neighborhoods, there’s actually quite a lot on the market in the Historic Old Edgebrook neighborhood of Forest Glen.
This 4-bedroom colonial revival at 6270 N. Louise came on the market in April 2012.
Built in 1924, it has many of its original details including a wood burning fireplace, french doors and crown molding.
The house still has the original butler pantry with built-ins.
The kitchen has granite counter tops and what looks like some stainless steel appliances.
Constructed on a non-standard Chicago lot measuring 100x100x127x75, it has central air and a 1-car garage.
Three of the 4 bedrooms are on the second floor with the fourth on the third floor. There is also a main floor family room and an unfinished basement.
The house has been reduced $30,000 since April 2012.
Is this a deal at $719,000 for this neighborhood?
Leonard Benefico at Koenig & Strey Real Living has the listing. (It is agent owned.) See the pictures here.
Or see it in person at the Open House on Sunday, June 10 from 2-4 PM.
6270 N. Louise: 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3425 square feet, 1 car garage
- I couldn’t find an original purchase price
- Originally listed in April 2012 for $749,000
- Currently listed for $719,000
- Taxes of $10,857
- Central Air
- Bedroom #1: 28×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #2: 15×14 (second floor)
- Bedroom #3: 12×12 (second floor)
- Bedroom #4: 14×13 (third floor)
- Family room: 18×12 (main level)