This 1-bedroom the corn cob Marina Towers at 300 N. State in River North came on the market in mid-February 2016.
Designed by Bertrand Goldberg and built in 1964, the Marina Towers, built on the Chicago River, have become part of popular culture, having starred in television commercials, television shows and films.
The complex has two 65 story buildings.
This unit is on the 56th floor and faces north with John Hancock and city views.
The listing says it is a gut rehab. It has new wood floors in the living/kitchen areas.
The kitchen has new cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
The bathroom has been renovated and has a custom shower.
There’s no central air, just wall units, and there’s no in-unit washer/dryer, but the listing says it can be installed.
Parking is rental in the building.
Originally listed at $279,900, it has been reduced $14,900.
If you’re new to Chicago, is this a good starter condo?
Michael Michalak at Re/Max Exclusive has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #5619: 1 bedroom, 1 bath, 725 square feet
- Sold in March 1999 for $110,000
- Originally listed in February 2016 for $279,900
- Currently listed for $265,000
- Assessments of $515 a month (includes cable, doorman, exercise room, exterior maintenance, lawn care)
- Taxes of $4090
- Parking available to rent in the building for $239 a month
- No central air- wall units
- No in-unit washer/dryer but listing says it can be installed
- Bedroom: 15×11