This 2-bedroom in the Substation Lofts at 1128 W. Ardmore in Edgewater came on the market in August 2013.
It is a short sale.
This former Commonwealth Edison substation was converted into lofts in 2006.
This loft has 18 foot concrete ceilings with exposed brick walls.
The kitchen has 42 inch maple cabinets, granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances.
The bathrooms are marble.
It has central air, washer/dryer in the unit and 1-outdoor parking space included.
Yes- that’s the Red/Purple Line El tracks next to the building.
This unit has reduced $15,000 to $225,000 in the last month.
Is this a deal even with the El next to the building?
Santiago Moreno at Prudential Rubloff has the listing. See the pictures here.
Unit #13: 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, loft, no square footage listed
- Sold in March 2007 for $312,500 (or some places say $319,000 or even $340,000). Suffice it to say- it was in the $300,000s.
- Originally listed as a “short sale” in August 2013 for $240,000
- Currently listed as a “short sale” for $225,000
- Assessments of $226 a month
- Taxes of $3600
- Central Air
- Washer/Dryer in the unit
- 1 car outdoor parking included
- Bedroom #1: 13×12
- Bedroom #2: 12×11