This 5-bedroom single family home at 4117 N. Western in North Center has been on and off the market since January 2011.
It is bank owned but after trying to sell it the conventional way the last few months, it is going to auction it instead.
The house was built in 1906 and the listing says it is 1462 square feet (maybe just one floor?)
From the pictures, it appears the kitchen is intact. It has maple cabinets and white appliances.
You can see the house this weekend, on Apr 10, by appointment only.
The auction will be Saturday, April 16 at the Renaissance Schaumburg hotel. Registration begins at 8:30 am.
The opening bid appears to be $149,000. It is an “all cash” purchase only.
The opening bid is 74% under the 2007 purchase price.
Is anyone game for an auction?
Some of you attended the auctions for the high rise condos a few years back (like the Vetro auction). If anyone goes to this big Schaumburg auction on the 16th, please let us know how crazy it is.
Auction.com has the listing. See the pictures here.
Check out the auction listing here.
4117 N. Western: 5 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1462 square feet
- Sold in November 1998 for $138,000
- Lis pendens filed in September 2006
- Sold in February 2007 for $575,000
- Lis pendens foreclosure filed in September 2009
- Bank owned in June 2010
- Originally listed in January 2011 for $342,000
- Reduced in February 2011 to $333,500
- Now going to auction on April 16 with the starting bid of $149,000
- Cash only
- Taxes around $8200 (per 2009)